Fandango, the nation’s leading online movie ticketing service has revealed the results of its 2023 Most Anticipated Fall & Horror Movie Survey of more than 2,000 ticket buyers. The Fall ushers in early awards contenders, major blockbusters, nail-biting thrillers and beloved franchises, and Fandango’s latest survey confirms that moviegoers couldn’t be more excited to finally get to watch them all.
The final results from from Fandango’s 2023 Most Anticipated Fall and Horror Movie Survey are as follows:
Most Anticipated Main Characters:
- Carol Danvers (Brie Larson in The Marvels)
- Hercule Poirot (Kenneth Branagh in A Haunting in Venice)
- Robert McCall (Denzel Washington in The Equalizer 3)
- Ms. Marvel (Iman Vellani in The Marvels)
- Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris in The Marvels)
Most Anticipated Supporting Characters:
- Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson in The Marvels)
- Joyce Reynolds (Michelle Yeoh in A Haunting in Venice)
- Casca Highbottom (Peter Dinklage in Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes)
- W. S. Hamilton (Brendan Fraser in Killers of the Flower Moon)
- Acteur (Dakota Fanning in The Equalizer 3)
This Fall, audiences are still in the mood for all things spooky and scary. Fandango’s survey revealed that horror fans continue to embrace the genre, with 96% of those surveyed planning to watch at least one horror film on Halloween, and 78% reporting that they watch between one and six horror films every month.
Most Anticipated Horror Genre:
- Supernatural / Paranormal
- Haunted House
For horror movie fans looking for recommendations, in October, Rotten Tomatoes will feature a variety of lists and guides highlighting some of the scariest movies of all time. For fans looking to catch up on some of these thrilling titles, they can check out Vudu, Fandango’s on-demand streaming service, which offers more than 200,000 premium movies and TV shows to rent or buy – no subscription required.